- for the children who raised their hands to say they want to know and follow Jesus at CHE's recent end of school celebration (see that post). Also pray for the CHE staff and volunteers to make the time to follow up with each of these children.
- for us (Karyn and Joe Bridges) as we start language school on August 17. Pray that we will learn Amharic quickly
- for a new staff member for CHE. CHE is in great need of an additional staff member to work directly with the children in its care. In particular pray for the funding to hire this staff member and that CHE will find the right person for the job – passionate about ministering to children at risk, in love with Jesus, and meshes well with the rest of the team.
- for Jonathan Bridges as he travels to Ethiopia in August to work with the Kota Ganate Agriculture Project. Pray for efficient use of his time while he is here and for his wife, Jessica, and son, Dawit, while he is gone.
- for the ability to start the temporary halfway home for 5 children at CHE’s Drop-In Center. The children are thriving as they transition off of the streets and into a home! Keep praying for a permanent facility!
- for Ribika, who is the newest staff member at CHE. Ribika is the new secretary and cashier and has easily become part of the team.